Monday, March 15, 2010

Daybook: Post-Birthday Edition

Outside My Window: It's in the mid-fifties. The past several days have been picture-perfect weather. We could not have asked for better weather conditions this past weekend to celebrate Brinley's birthday.

I Am Listening To: ...The Mystery of the Human Hobbit on the Discovery Channel. (Incase you couldn't guess, this is not something I chose to watch on television...ahem. Bruce has it on while he's working out in the living room and I'm blogging.)

I Am Wearing: ...a light blue pajama set that has navy trim around the neck and waistband. No socks.

I Am Thankful For: ...my sweet baby girl. Again, Happy 2nd Birthday Brinley Bear.

I Am Pondering: "The only true riches are those that make us rich in virtue. Therefore, if you want to be rich, beloved, love true riches. If you aspire to the heights of real honor, strive to reach the kingdom of Heaven. If you value rank and renown, hasten to be enrolled in the heavenly court of the Angels." ~Pope St. Gregory the Great


To Be Fit And Happy: Yesterday, we spent a few hours of the afternoon at a local park in Mobile. It was our first time to go to a park since we've moved here and I think we have found a new place to visit regularly. It had a nice toddler area of the playground with smaller slides, swings, etc. for the little ones, plenty of picnic tables, walking/biking trails, and grassy areas for picnic blankets among other things. My only complaint would be non-existence of vending machines/consession stands. I really would have expected a park of that size to offer more than two water fountains (yuck!). Luckily we packed Brinley a large sippy of water, but after a couple of hours in the sun Bruce and I were so thirsty that we had to leave just so we could stop and get something to drink. Lesson learned!

From The Kitchen: Yesterday, after we got in from the park, I whipped up some fried deer steak with sauteed onions, twice mashed potatoes and steamed veggies. Yum!

I Am Thinking: ...it would be absolutely impossible for my dog to snore any louder. Geez 'Pex. Do we need to get you a Bi-Pap machine too?

I Am Creating: I was finally able to upload videos from Cole's party last week. Now I just need to go through the videos and photos from this past weekend of Brinley 'birthdaying' and upload the best.

On My iPod: Again, nothing new this week. However, I am still loving my KSBJ app.

Towards A Real Education: Beginning to wonder what to teach Brinley next. She knows numbers 1-10 and some of 11-20, her abc's, colors, shapes, animals... Bruce says we should work on physics and trigonometry next...hehe.

Towards Rhythm and Beauty: Daylight Saving Time was in the early morning hours of this past Sunday so I am trying to adjust my 'inner clock'. As much as I was looking forward to the longer days, the sight of the sun shining at nearly 7PM is still taking a little getting used to.

To Live The Liturgy: It's still Lent, however Easter is rapidly approaching.

I Am Hoping And Praying: ...for direction in a particular area of my life.

In The Garden: All the plants that I bought a few weeks ago are still going strong. That may not sound like much to you, but I have the blackest thumb! I'm not kidding when I say I've killed a cactus before.

Around The House: I'm loving the new wicker baskets that I found at Kohl's this past week for 60% off. Our dvd collection is looking much better thanks to them.

On Keeping Home: I dusted on Saturday, Bruce swept and mopped yesterday (thanks Babe!) and Brinley and I vacuumed and did laundry today. For once I can say that things are looking pretty good.

One Of My Favorite Things: Almond Roca. When my parents were in town a couple of weeks ago, I picked up a box of Almond Roca for my dad as a small birthday gesture and I tin of it for me. I have to brag about myself and say that I've been doing pretty good at restraining myself....so far.

Brinley Anne This Week: ...has been talking up a storm. I think that it is safe to say that every day she has said something new. She has even started saying short two or three word phrases. I continue to be amazed by something she does every day.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: Brinley and I don't have much planned during the week. We will probably be getting rain the next couple of days. As of now, Bruce's parents are planning to visit us this weekend. I am hoping we'll have good weather for their visit.

A Picture I'm Sharing:
Seems nowhere like two years ago.

No comments: