Sunday, March 7, 2010

Daybook: Family

Outside My Window: At approximately 11PM, its a mild 52 degrees, and the weather has been absolutely gorgeous the past few days.

I Am Listening To: ...the Academy Awards Bruce and I have on in the background while we're getting things in line for tomorrow.

I Am Wearing: ...black, fleece yoga pants, a fuchsia, long-sleeved top and snuggly socks.

I Am Thankful For: ...time with family. My parents decided to make an impromptu visit this weekend since Friday was my Dad's 55th birthday (Happy Birthday again, Daddy.) and next Friday will be my sweet girl's 2nd birthday.

I Am Pondering: "In comparison with the love of Jesus, everything else is secondary. And without the love of Jesus, everything else is useless." ~John Paul II

I Am Reading: ...the same books as last week: Don't Make Me Count To Three: A Mom's Look At Heart-Oriented Discipline by Ginger Plowman and Martha To The Max: Balanced Living For Perfectionists.

To Fit And Be Happy: Since Bruce won't be working overtime during the next few weeks, I am looking forward to being able to have a little 'me time'--reading, meditating, or watching a 'girly' movie.

From The Kitchen: This weekend included lots of yummy goodness--fried fish, shrimp and oysters Friday evening, and steaks with all the fixins' Saturday evening.

I Am Thinking:...about what we'll do for Brinley's birthday next Friday. Bruce will not be working overtime the next couple of weeks so we're planning to spend the day focusing on her--her favorite foods and fun things to do. I'm thinking pancakes, pizza (not served together, of course) and a few hours at a local park or zoo are in our near future.

I Am Creating:
Still haven't uploaded videos from Cole's first birthday party to Blogger, but it is once again being a pain. So, I guess all this counts for trying to 'create' a blog post.

On My iPod: Nothing new this week. However, I have rediscovered my KSBJ app.

Towards A Real Education: With Bruce and I planning to start Brinley with a homeschooling program in the fall, I'm trying to finalize what curricula we'll be using.

Towards Rhythm and Beauty: I'm so glad that our days will be getting longer soon. How Brinley and I have both missed the sunshine!

To Live The Liturgy: It's still Lent. Easter is rapidly approaching.

I Am Hoping And Praying: ...for strength, comfort, guidance and motivation.

In The Garden:
I need to remember to re-pot the palm plant this week that is in our dining area.

Around The House: Bruce did an amazing job of cleaning off the patio this weekend. It was completely cleared off, the concrete was swept and sprayed off, the door that leads inside was scrubbed down and hosed off and everything was put back in its place. Looks great! Thanks babe...

On Keeping Home: After taking it a bit easy around our home this past weekend while we had company, I will be playing catch-up on laundry.

One Of My Favorite Things:
Footed-pajamas...not for myself, but for my baby girl. With spring rapidly approaching, I am savoring every moment that I hear Brinley's feet pitter-patter across the tile. Although they do come in larger sizes (should my 'lil one actually grow between now and next winter) I know that she may be too stubborn to wear them as she gets older and it is truly a sight I'm going to miss.

Brinley Anne This Week:
Brinley is growing so quickly from sweet baby to little girl. Over the past few weeks she is communicating much better with us, following simple instructions, and spouting off all sorts of things.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: Brinley and I will be puttering around our home while Bruce is at work. Nothing in particular happening until Friday.

A Picture I'm Sharing:
Hope you had a Happy Birthday Papa! We enjoyed your visit!

No comments: