Saturday, January 23, 2010

I'm A Winner!!!

First off, I must mention that for those of you who don't know me very well, I NEVER win anything--nothing at raffles, as door prizes, on lottery tickets or the slots. Infact, because I am well aware of this misfortune I rarely partake in a raffle or the like unless I know the profits are going directly to a good cause.

Well, the past week, my favorite cloth diaper shop, Kelly's Closet was generous enough to hold a raffle called Fluffy Fundraiser for Haiti Relief. All of the proceeds are going directly to The American Red Cross-Haiti Fund. The first prize was what they called The Big Fluffy Pak. (Fluff is actually a code word for cloth diapers. For example: I may mention to Bruce that I am expecting some fluffy mail to arrive this week and he wouldn't have a clue what I was referring to, but any of you other cloth-diapering mommas out there would know exactly what I was talking about...hehehe.) Anyway, this 'Big Fluffy Pak' included 12 (yes 12!) cloth diapers (3 each of 4 different brands) that values at nearly $300!!! The second, third, fourth and fifth place winners will each receive a gift certificate to Kelly's Closet for the amount of $100.

So, this evening Bruce and I were watching our West Wing re-runs that we typically watch in the evenings, and I was using Google Reader to check up on several blogs that I like to read. I thought to myself, "I'll check over at The Cloth Diaper Whisperer (which is the blog for Kelly's Closet and all of its sister stores) to see if they've posted the winners of the Fluffy Fundraiser raffle."--not at all thinking that I would even win one of the five prizes they were giving. When I saw the winners names, I nearly. had. a. stroke. My name and order number were next to the Grand Prize Big Fluffy Pak! I nearly screamed with joy, but I quickly remembered my baby is sleeping just down the hallway so instead I stepped out into the garage and called my mother shortly after midnight to wake her up and tell her the good news. (Sorry again about waking you Mom...I knew only you would understand my excitement.) I'm getting 12 brand-new cloth diapers to add to my (Brinley's) stash. Two of the four brands that I am getting I have never tried so I am particularly excited about receiving those.

Well, I hope you all are having a fantastic weekend. I know I am. We've had beautiful, warm, sunny weather and now I have some fluffy mail on the way to me. God is great!

Oh, and just in case you are interested in seeing the blog post on The Cloth Diaper Whisperer concerning the winnings, I'd be glad to share it with you. Simply click on the graphic below:

1 comment:

Me and My Boys - Krista said...

How exciting!! I'm so happy for you! What a perfect prize. :)