Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Brinley's First Pair of Shoes and Planning for Our Trip To Texas

Today Brinley and I made a quick trip to Gulfport and did a little bit of last minute shopping before we head to Texas on Thursday. Our first stop was Party City to pick up a few last minute party supplies for Brinley's first birthday party/ Cole's baptism party that is this Saturday at my Grandparents' farm. Our next stop was Carter's (did you think we would be able to go to Gulfport without stopping there?) to pick up some socks, a dress and a few pairs of shorts for some shirts I had purchased on a previous shopping excursion. Then, we went to Stride-Rite to buy Brinley her first pair of shoes. I figure we've held out for almost a year on buying shoes, the least we can do is start out with the good stuff, right? Anyway, after figuring out what size she is and trying a few pairs on I decided on a pair of white, closed-toe sandals. First and foremost, because they are very versitile. They are something that can be worn with a pair of shorts and a t-shirt as well as something that can be worn with a Sunday dress. I also like the name of the shoes--Baby Guppy Lea. How cute and fun does that sound?

When we finally arrived home, I put Brinley's new shoes on her so that she could get the feel of them. At first she hesitated, but I can't blame her since she's never really worn any before. After a minute or so of try to push them off her feet, she was easily distracted by her daddy reading her Brown Bear, Brown Bear, which is currently her FAVORITE book. She gets so excited and giggly with each animal or person that is presented in the book. In fact, between Bruce and I reading this book to her multiple times a day and her flipping through it herself several times a day, the poor book is almost worn out! It has definately received lots and lots of love.

Tomorrow will be a busy day for us as we finish our last minute packing, double-checking all the lists (yep, I'm a list person) and loading up. We are planning to pull out of here by 8:00AM on Thursday morning to begin our journey to Texas. If that happens and we don't run into any bad weather, accidents, or heavy Houston traffic, we are planning to arrive at the farm around 5:00PM. It will be a long day for all of us. Now that Brinley is getting older, more mobile and more aware of her surroundings, I am afraid that traveling isn't going to be as easy as it once was for us. Luckily, we will be traveling on her birthday so I plan to take her gifts along with us (they are all small) and she can unwrap them along the way. Not only will the gifts, but also the unwrapping help greatly to distract her. Also, they will give her something new to play with at her G-Nana and G-Papa's. (I think that is the names that we've decided for her to call my grandparents. Why? Because my mom and dad are Nana and Papa, so adding a 'g' for great- makes my grandparents G-Nana and G-Papa, which I think would be a lot easier for a little one to say than Great-Grandmother and Great-Grandfather.)

Well, I think that is all for now. I still have a few chores that I need to tend to now that Brinley is down, before I head to bed. Please pray that we have a safe and smooth journey to and from Texas. I look forward to posting some pictures from Brinley's birthday bash and Cole's baptism after we return.

Love to all!

No comments: