Sunday, April 4, 2010

Daybook: Easter Sunday Edition

Outside My Window: Well, if you look out one of my back windows you will see a freshly manicured backyard thanks to my wonderful hubby.

I Am Listening To: the television. Bruce left it on after he went to bed. Other than that, the house is quiet.

I Am Wearing: Blue and white toile-printed pajama pants and a white top. No socks but pretty, painted toes.

I Am Thankful For: ...friends. Especially those that understand my crazy life right now.

I Am Pondering: ...these beautiful, beautiful words that Elizabeth recently shared:

Child of God, what have you done up to now to help the souls around you?

You cannot be content with that passiveness, with that idleness of yours. He wants to reach others through your example, through your words, through your friendship, through your service.
-- St. Josemaria Escriva -- The Furrow #880


I Am Reading: ...the same books as last week...and the week before...and the week before that, etc.: Don't Make Me Count To Three: A Mom's Look At Heart-Oriented Discipline by Ginger Plowman and Martha To The Max: Balanced Living For Perfectionists. I'll be honest...I don't think I've gotten any reading in the past couple of weeks. Maybe I will before the end of this week. Truthfully, I am ready to finish these up so that I can get started on a few more books that I've recently ordered.

To Be Fit And Happy: This week is supposed to have nothing but beautiful weather. I think Brinley will be spending lots of time outside this week--working in the yard, taking walks, etc.

From The Kitchen: Easter Sunday dinner consisted of a Honeybaked ham (yum!), au gratin potatoes, green bean casserole, baked cinnamon apples and rolls. For dessert we had very festive chocolate cake.

I Am Thinking: ...that infomercials should be outlawed.

I Am Creating: Nothing yet...but I am getting an itch to take up sewing. I've started pricing machines and looking at a few places in the area that offer lessons. However, I really don't know when I would find the time for it because I struggle to find time for the little bit of photography and blogging I do.

On My iPod: Again, nothing new this week. However, I am still loving my KSBJ app.

Towards A Real Education: This past week we focused on the importance of Easter. Although I'm sure Brinley didn't understand everything and what it means, I hope she takes some away...the true meaning of this season.

Towards Rhythm and Beauty: There are signs of spring everywhere. The birds have been out and chirping, the squirrels use our backyard as a playground, and the flowers are beginning to bloom.

To Live The Liturgy: Christ, our Lord and Savior, has risen from the dead. So thankful for Jesus' death and resurrection so that I can have eternal life. God is so good!

I Am Hoping And Praying: ..for a peaceful Easter season.

In The Garden: Bruce and I have been making regular trips to Lowe's and Home Depot. We're planning to spend time in the flower beds this weekend replacing mulch and add new plants to a few places that didn't survive the harsh winter.

Around The House: Aside from working in the yard this weekend--not Good Friday or Easter Sunday of course!-- Bruce also added a dimmer to the lighting in our dining area AND has been washing the windows little by little. Everything looks great sweetheart. Have I told you lately how amazing you are?

On Keeping Home: Mt. Laundry has been conquered once again. Unfortunately, while Bruce was outside, I spent most of this weekend taming the piles and piles of laundry that seemed to have breed overnight. It was one of those weekends that I almost wished that clothes were one-time-use and then biodegradable/compostable.

One Of My Favorite Things: "I Wov Ew." Even if she doesn't quite know what she saying yet, it is still the sweet words to my ears...and my heart.

Brinley Anne This Week: ...is continuing to change every. single. day. She is beginning to count numbers 11-20 on a regular basis as well as say words to our night time prayers with Bruce and I. She is very good at saying the names of animals and colors. One day this past weekend, she even spelled 'fox'. We were all sitting down to dinner and she kept saying 'gork' instead of 'fork'. So I said, "Fork starts with the letter F like 'fox', and she said, "Fox. F-O-X." Bruce and I just stared at each other in disbelief for a few seconds. In all honesty, we're still not sure where or how she picked that up from.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: Nothing major. There are a few errands that I'd like to get done in town--donations to goodwill, the grocery store and probably the hardware store.

A Picture I'm Sharing:

Easter egg hunting on Easter Sunday.

No comments: