Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Happy Birthday, Nana!

For the past week or so I've been thinking about what I could do for my mom for her birthday.  I'll be honest, until this morning nothing I had thought of had blown my skirt up so to speak.  Then out of the blue, I thought about some Father's Day surveys that I had pinned on Pinterest months back.  Basically the jest is to have your child answer the questionnaire and then give the questionnaire to dad for Father's Day.  Obviously there's not much work that goes into this 'gift' but the best part of it is some of the kooky answers that kiddos are capable of giving.  What's even better is if you do this for several years in a row--say from ages 5-10, or so--and keep track of how the child's answers change over time.  Long story short I thought to myself, "Why can't I do this for someone's birthday?" so I changed up the questions and picked what I thought would be the best ones to ask Brinley.  Without any further ado, here is Nana's Birthday Questionnaire:

  1. What is Nana's name?  "Well...her last name is Tomanek."
  2. How old do you think Nana is?  "I don't want to do how old Nana is!"
  3. How tall is Nana?  "Big!"
  4. What is Nana's hair like?  "The edges are long and LOTS of grey."
  5. What about her eyes?  "Blue"
  6. What does Nana do at work?  "She buys things."
  7. What does Nana do for fun?  "She likes to play with something outside."
  8. What are her favorite things to eat?  "Hamburgers and hotdogs."
  9. What does she like to drink?  "She likes to drink water like me."
  10. What does Nana like to wear?  "Shirts and pants."
  11. What makes Nana happy?  "When she sees Brinley." :-)
  12. If Nana could go on a trip, where would she go?  "My house."
  13. What would she pack?  "Clothes and maybe Papa." :-D
  14. What is your favorite thing to do with Nana?  "Play outside with toys, watch movies, read books and cook something like macaroni and cheese."
  15. If you could give Nana anything for her birthday, what would you give her?  "A special toy."  

I hope y'all had as much fun reading the answers as I had getting them out of her.  I must mention that she was very adamant about not picking a number for Nana's age.  I even 'Googled' a 1-100 number chart  and told her to pick ANY number she thought Nana was, and she absolutely refused.  :-)

Nana, we love you and hope you were blessed beyond measure on your special day.  Happy Birthday!  


No comments: