Sunday, May 2, 2010

Daybook: First Weekend of May

Outside My Window: ...is a dreary Sunday evening.

I Am Listening To: ...Bruce snoring on the couch and Brinley putting together her 'Shapes' puzzle in the floor.

I Am Wearing: ...a white cami and blue and white toile-printed pajama pants.

I Am Thankful For: ...God's gifts--most especially the peace, comfort, strength and motivation that he has so mercifully been providing to me.

I Am Pondering: "Have patience with all things, but chiefly have patience with yourself." ~St Francis de Sales

I Am Reading: ...The Discipline Book by the Sears, Womanly Dominion by by Mark Chanski and Don't Let Me Count To Three by Ginger Plowman. Although I am still working on those, does it count that I did complete the new Beverly Lewis series that I started last week? Over the past few days, I've read through both The Missing and The Telling.

To Be Fit And Happy: This past week has been full of dreariness. We may have had one sunny day in the mix, but to be honest with you I couldn't tell you which one it was. Otherwise, its been dark, humid, cloudy and windy which in turn has not made for a very active week outside of the house. After the rain gets out of the picture early part of this next week, its supposed to be much prettier and we will definately be spending more time in the good ol' outdoors.

From The Kitchen: Friday evening, I surprised Bruce with Chicken Fried Steak, Steamed Rice, Homemade Brown Gravy and sauteed Green Beans. I try not to cook a lot of fried foods and gear our menu towards baked, stewed or sauteed meats so this was a real treat for us.

I Am Thinking: ... about the coming week.

I Am Creating: ... more peace and tranquility for our home, my family and myself. God has been so good at providing different means for me to accomodate this, whether it be from other's ideas or suggestions, books I'm reading, blogs I keep up with, etc. It is so amazing how God provides just what you need, when you need it.

On My iPod: Again, nothing new this week. However, I am still loving my KSBJ app. Brinley and I listen to it at some point everyday.

Towards A Real Education: On a Catholic mom's forum that I am a part of, we have started discussing different homeschooling programs that are available-- Catholic Heritage Curricula, Kolbe Academy, Seton Home, etc. Meeting moms that have 20+ years experience with homeschooling has definately been a blessing since we are just beginning our journey.

Towards Rhythm and Beauty: Another sign of spring has made its way upon us--power outages. Since living in Mississippi and now Alabama, I've learned that power outages are especially common in the spring with the high winds and rainy weather. Nothing like being without electricity when its a good 85 degrees with 95% humidity...

To Live The Liturgy: I've been trying to think of ways over the past few days of how I can incorporate more prayer, more quiet, more meditation and more peace into my life whether that be through a daily Rosary, daily scripture reading, or maybe from Elizabeth and Danielle's new book that just came out. As much as I would like to do all three, I'm just not sure how feasible that would be right now where I am in my life. Praying for some discernment in this area.

I Am Hoping And Praying: ...for those that are directly being affected by this terrible oil spill disaster in the Gulf right now.

In The Garden: One blessing that this regular rain has given us is the lack of a need to water the lawn and flower beds.

Around The House: Bruce, Brinley and I went to a few furniture stores on Saturday to get some ideas on what styles of living room furniture that we favor. Since most every piece of furniture in our living room now is a hand-me-down from our college days, we are REALLY looking foward to having pieces that reflect our style and taste AND actually coordinate with each other. :-D We did find a collection that we really liked, but unfortunately after we spent some time looking at the measurements of the room and the deminsions of furniture, the pieces are just too oversized for our living room. Back to the drawing board we go...

On Keeping Home: I've still been bagging up things to be taken to Goodwill...and thinking about what ways I'll be able to rearrange things with all this new found space I'll have. :-D We also need to decide what cabinetry we're going to order for the garage so that I can start organizing a few more nooks and crannies in this house.

One Of My Favorite Things:... Ben & Jerry's Americone Dream. As the official description states, it is "vanilla ice cream with fudge-covered waffle cone pieces and a caramel swirl." Yum!

Brinley Anne This Week: ...has not been sleeping well. Almost every night over the past week she has woken up at least once, if not more. As soon as Bruce or I go in there to tell her its time to night-night, that we love her and we'll see her in the morning, she limmediately ays back down and goes to sleep. Not sure if its reflux, bad dreams, or what, but we're hoping that whatever it is will go away and she'll go back to her sleeping through the night routine.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: I am hoping once the dreary weather clears out of the area, Brinley and I can spend some time at one of the local parks a day or two this week. I know we need to take advantage of the mild weather before the temperatures soar and it will be too hot to do anything!

A Picture I'm Sharing:
More of my lovely azaelas--a sight I definately missed during the winter months.

No comments: