Sunday, February 28, 2010

Cole's First Birthday

The last weekend of January, Bruce, Brinley, A'Pexi and I made a trip to Texas for my sweet nephew, Cole's, first birthday party. While in Texas, we decided to stay with my brother, Brandon and his wife, Emma and the birthday boy and we had such a wonderful time. I think the only negative thing about our stay is that it made me wish that we lived closer to them so that we could get together more often. We arrived that Friday afternoon before Brandon was even home from work. We enjoyed ordering in pizzas and playing this game after the kiddos went to bed. By the way, if your family and friends enjoy board games like we do, I can't recommend this one enough. Aside from its colorful title, it is a very straight-forward triva board game that most games are over in 15-20 minutes. So if your like me, and you find yourself avoiding games like Monopoly because you don't want to start a game that takes half a day to finish, I highly recommend it. I have to warn you though that because of its name, you won't be able to find it in most stores like Target or Wal-Mart. In fact, my parents and Brandon and Emma both ordered their copies off of Amazon.

Anyway, the following day, Saturday, was Cole's party out at my grandparents' (Cole and Brinley's great-grandparents') farm. We had a wonderful time visiting with several aunts, uncles and cousins that we hadn't seen in nearly a year (since Brinley's first birthday party). All in all, I think my greatest lesson from that day was that those Ags don't know how to pick clothing sizes for little ones. Just kidding Trent!

For those of you that were unable to make it (or for those of you that were in attendance and would like to relive it) here is a video of Cole being sung 'Happy Birthday' and digging into his 'smash cake'.



...and here is the video of him opening his presents.



Happy Birthday Cole and many blessings to you sweet boy!

No comments: