Monday, May 25, 2009

The End of House-Hunting?

Okay...so you know how I wrote in the last post to just give us a week, that we'd probably change our mind about wanting to build a home. Well, a week went by...and Bruce and I are planning to put an offer down within the next couple of days on a house that he and I walked-through this past Saturday. In all honesty, we were really planning to take the weekend off from the whole house-hunting game. Infact, I had been so sick of walking through houses that I told Bruce to just get a big cardboard box, and we can live in that for the rest of our lives.

Well, all that changed when last Thursday we received a notice from Prudential for a house that seemed to have a lot of potential. It is in a great area, is only 4 years old and has only had one owner. Better yet, it is foreclosed, so the bank that owns it now is asking about $40,000 below its market value!!! Anyway, I receive the e-mails at home, and like I previously said, I've been so sick of walking-through houses that I almost didn't show it to Bruce, but something gave me a nudge and before you know it I was forwarding it to Bruce's work e-mail address so that he could take a look at it and be thinking it over while he was at work. After spending most of that evening going back and forth on whether or not we wanted to spend our time and energy on ANOTHER walk-through that would only probably end unsuccessfully, we decided to set up an appointment with our realtor for Saturday afternoon.

I guess after being through over a dozen homes in the past few weeks and seeing what we've seen, we really didn't have high hopes for the house. However, all that changed very quickly. Bruce and I were very satisfied with the house after walking through it. Sure, there are a handful of things that we would like to upgrade or change over the next few years, but that would be expected with any home we would buy. We knew almost immediately after we were finished that we wanted to meet with our realtor within a few days to crunch numbers and quite possibly put an offer in. So, at this point, that is our plan. As of right now, we have an appointment set for tomorrow afternoon, and I guess we'll just see what comes out of it.

About the rest of last weekend--Bruce worked Friday again. As much as I hate him spending so much time away from Brinley and I, I try to keep in mind that in today's economy I should just be thankful that he has a job and one where he is needed. Sunday, we just took the day easy for the most part. Bruce and I spent as much time as Brinley allowed crunching numbers on our own. We did make a trip down to the pond that is in our apartment complex. You see, earlier in the week, we had hotdogs for supper and had few buns leftover. Instead of discarding them, we decided to take Brinley down the pond to feed the ducks. What ended up happening was Daddy held Brinley the entire time while Mommy fed the ducks. Not exactly a picture-perfect moment.

Speaking of pictures--I know it has been a while. Infact, I realized this past weekend that I haven't taken a single picture this month! I promise I am going to try to do better and get some pictures of Miss Brinley taken and posted.

Well, wish us luck concerning the house. I am hoping that I'll be able to start sending out 'new address cards' to everyone soon, but I know that if something doesn't work out that it was for a good reason. Either way, we will definately let you all know how it all goes!

No comments: